Terms & Conditions - F
What is Covered: Akia Screenswarrants its products to the first retail purchaser, if purchased new and operated in the United States or Canada, to be free from defects in workmanship and materials (except as provided below) for a period of (2) years from the date of original purchase, and (3) years for products purchased directly by educational, non-profit, religious or government organizations.
During the warranty period, customers in Canada, Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico are covered for parts and replacement screens at no charge, but are responsible to cover the cost of shipping. AKIA Screens also reserves the right to provide repair services under warranty, where the customer is responsible for the shipping cost both ways. Please be advised that AKIA Screens is not able to issue call tags (carrier pick-ups – prepaid labels) outside of the 48 continental states.
Refurbished products purchased directly from Akia Screens are warranted for a period of (90) days from the date of original purchase.
For warranty service, you must provide proof of purchase and the serial number of your product.
Please contact your dealer for the warranty policy allotted with your purchase as the warranty period varies by region.
Please Note a Change in Policy: As of 3/5/2015 AkiaScreens can no longer ship replacement screens under warranty for LTL packages (packages that are greater than 108" in length) to Canada. If you live in Canada and your screen was damaged during shipment or if you need warranty support, please contact your local distributor or reseller for service
- How to Get Service: Should this product prove defective during the warranty period, please visit Warranty Technical Support Request Form and submit a warranty claim form. You must provide your proof of purchase, the serial number of your product, and describe the problem you are experiencing with your screen. An AKIA Screens representative will determine whether the product requires service, and provide you with further instructions on how to proceed with your warranty claim.
- Missing Parts: If your product is missing parts, AKIA Screens will, at its option, replace the part without any charge, including shipping and handling (US Only), provided that you report your claim within (7) days of receipt. If you report your claim after (7) days of receipt, but within (30) days of receipt, AKIA Screens will, at its option, replace the part without charge, but you will bear the cost of shipping and handling. If you report your claim after (30) days of receipt, you will bear all costs to replace the part. *Canadian customers, please be advised that the warranty covers items that need to be replaced, however, you will be responsible to cover the cost for the shipment of parts and replacement screens, plus taxes and duties imposed by customs.
- Returns and Exchanges: If a return is needed, AKIA Screens will issue you a Return Merchandise Authorization (“RMA”) Number. This number is valid for (15) days from the date of issue, and is required to process any returns. A returned item sent to AKIA Screens without a visible or valid RMA Number is subject to refusal by AKIA Screens. You are responsible for the cost of returning the item and ensuring the product is properly packaged to prevent damage in transit. Improper packaging of the product can seriously damage the screen and will not be covered under warranty. Once a returned product is received, AKIA Screens will, at its option, replace the product or part without charge, including ground service freight. The replacement product or part may be new or refurbished to the AKIA Screens standard of quality, and is subject to stock availability. AKIA Screens’ liability for replacement of the covered product will not exceed the original retail selling price of the covered product. Exchange products and parts assume the remaining warranty period of the original product covered by this limited warranty.
What is Not Covered: This warranty is not transferable and does not cover product purchased by another end user. This warranty does not cover incidental damages, such as loss of time, loss of use, or installation costs of defective, repaired or replaced product. This warranty does not cover product that has been damaged or rendered defective as a result of (a) neglect, abuse or misuse; (b) modification of the original product; (c) improper use or installation of products not manufactured by AKIA Screens; (d) service provided by anybody other than AKIA Screens; (e) abnormal mechanical or environmental conditions; (f) unusual physical or electrical stress -including failure or fluctuation of electrical power, lighting, static electricity, fire, tornadoes, or other natural disasters. In the event that the product requires warranty repair, the following conditions apply.
- During the first ninety (90) days from the purchase date each party is responsible for shipping one way.
- After ninety (90) days from the purchase date, customer is responsible for shipping both ways.
- AKIA Screens reserves the right to repair or replace the product.
Enhanced Warranty Program “ENR-G®” for Educational, Non-Profit, Religious, or Government/Military organizations:
The new ENR-G® program extendsAkias current 2-year warranty for US customers to 3-years for any purchases made by Educational, Non-profit, Religious or Government/Military organization. This means thatAkia’s professional staff and company resources are available to handle the warranty needs of these valuable channels for up to 50% longer than our regular warranty plan.
The new ENR-G® program extendsAkias current 2-year warranty for Canadian customers to 3-years for any purchases made by Educational, Non-profit, Religious or Government/Military organizations. This means thatAkia’s professional staff and company resources are available to handle the warranty needs of these valuable channels for up to 50% longer than our regular warranty plan.
Added sales incentives are also available as part of the ENR-G® discount program for resellers, distributors and integrators. The ENR-G5 discount is calculated as 5% off for all qualifying customers as an incentive for additional purchases that occur in a window between 30-days and 36-months from the date of the original sale. The program has a dual purpose of granting our resellers an opportunity to increase their sales margins while offering a discount incentive to ENR-G® customers at the same time.
- International Warranty: AKIA Screens does not provide warranty coverage outside of USA and Canada. Warranty coverage in Canada does not include Freight and Duty. AKIA Screens International Warranty will be provided directly by AKIA Screens International Distributors. Please contact the Authorized Reseller or Distributor for more information on warranty coverage, terms and conditions.